Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My OC fanfic DRAFT!

My first draft. I am happy with this. Your thoughts and such??

Backstory for people who don't (regularly) watch The O.C.:

The OC: Otherwise known as Orange County, it is the wealthiest town on the East Coast. The town is inhabitated by some of East Coast's richest and most beautiful. In this same town, lives Marissa Cooper and Summer Roberts who have been best friends since birth. For that same period of time, Seth Cohen has always lived next door to Marissa and harboured a secret crush on her best friend, Summer.

Everything in Newport, O.C. is picture perfect until the day that Ryan Atwood moved in with the Cohens, everything changes. Relationships are tested, new ones form and old ones end.

One thing that is definitely on the cards is that nothing will ever be the same again.

Welcome to The O.C. where everything is not what they seem on the exterior . . . .


Marissa Cooper and Summer Roberts arrive at the Fashion Show after party held at their friend, Holly's parent's beach house both dressed in casual yet formal dresses in which they wore to the charity fashion show prior to this. Marissa is dressed in a short pink cocktail-style dress while Summer is all decked out in a revealing black fitted dress that gripped her body like a second skin.

As soon as they arrived, Summer spots the hot guy she had invited to the after party and a smug look on her face revealed itself. Ryan is dressed in the clothes that he was wearing at the fashion show minus the coat, which he gave to Seth before he left.

He was standing by the drinks table and scanning the room, checking out all of the rich and stuck up teens at the party and wondering where he fit into all of this.
“He will not know what hit him” she said, mostly to herself and letting out a smile, before leaving Marissa’s side.

Summer weaved through the crowd of Harbour High students till she was near Ryan. She took a deep breath then took a step in front of him.
“Hey. I’m Summer” Summer shouted over the crowd to be heard whilst also looking over the crowd of drunken students, “What’s your name?” She ventured curiously.
“Ryan.” He replied, not looking at her. Summer was not impressed by the lack of attention she was receiving from him. She was hot and she knew it. So hot that all the guys at school wanted her. So why wasn’t he looking at her? She wondered and decided to up her game.
“So,” she began and then kissed him right then and then. He was bewildered by the gesture but went with it.

While Summer was busy seducing Ryan, Marissa found her boyfriend, Luke Ward. They exchanged a quick kiss before Marissa was offered a drink by a passer-by. She took a sip and looked around the house, in search of Summer.
“Hey baby who are you looking for?” Luke noticed.
“Summer” Marissa replied matter-of-factly.
“Baby, I’m sure she’s alright, she’s a big girl. She can take care of herself,” he said, taking her hand before continuing, “Come on. Let’s go outside, get some fresh air?” He finished, touching her chin with his other free hand and giving her a kiss on the check.
“Okay.” She agreed, smiled and followed his lead.

*******

Ryan slipped into the Cohen house quietly and headed to the pool house, where he was staying. He threw his tie on his bed and proceeded to untie his shoes and get ready for bed when suddenly the door opened and in came Summer. How in the world did she find out where I lived? He thought quizzically.
“Heyy.” She said quietly, dragging it out the greeting.
“What are you doing here?” He asked, trying to keep it down and before Summer could reply, the door burst open again.


“Ry-“ Seth begun smiling but that smile quickly fade, “… Summer” he said, clearly surprised at Summer’s presence in his very own home, “er… what are you doing here?” he asked confused.
She turned around, “uh, just leaving” she replied and proceeded towards the door but was stopped by Ryan’s grab of her slender and soft arm.
“Don’t leave” He said, not sure why he did or said that.
Seth was breaking down inside and thinking a million and one thoughts at once. What was happening??? Why is Ryan with the girl that I love? Why is he touching her???? The thoughts continued and everything was at a standstill with everyone not sure what to do next.
“I think I’d better go,” Summer piped up, “I’ll see you around… Ryan” she concluded, secretly smiled at him and made her way to the door without looking back.


After Summer’s departure. Ryan and Seth just stood there in silence and looked at each then looked away, not sure what to say to the other. Awkwardness was felt by both guys as they both shifted uncomfortably with Seth dressed in a matching Superman t-shirt and boxers.
Ryan looked over at Seth, just at the same time Seth was looking over at him. Ryan opened his mouth to speak but then was interrupted by Seth.
“You hooked up with her, didn’t you?” He shouted, wide-eyed and shocked that his newfound friend who he had spent his day with had hooked up with the love of his life. He was also not aware that he could have woken up his parents, Kirsten and Sandy Cohen with his outburst.
Ryan was taken aback and did not know what to say.
“I-I-I…” he stuttered, his mind was blank as to what to say to this guy who was standing just a few metres away from and had known only twenty-four hours. He scratched his head and was about to say something but was cut short again by Seth.
“I can’t believe you!” He started, still with that tinge in his voice then paused before he continued. “I thought you were my friend!” Seth said with definitiveness in his voice and with that he walked out of the pool house back to the house.


Ryan was left standing in the middle of the pool house, stunned with what happened right before him. He did not know what to think or even say.

The End

8 comments:

Ash said...

aww poor seth!! thats super cool.. love the matching pj's!!!

Maggie said...

Hehe. Thanks. ^^

Audrey said...

Yes, I felt for Seth! As for Summer well - have to have characters like her in stories to make the story. You write so well Sal.

Sal said...

Oh no! I think Audrey thinks I did the O.C one.Te he.That's a comliment for you anyway Maggie!
Now from me.I don't watch this show at all but I'm aware that it belongs in the 'rich American kids with the odd geek and hot newcomer' genre.Your backstory clarified this more and it helped me understand the motivation of the characters i.e why Seth was so devastated to find Summer in his pool house with Ryan.
However , the story could still be understandable without it because you've taken the time to describe the characters actions and nuances. Adverbs , prepositions and supositions I'm a little rusty on but I can see your using some of each. For me this brings some reality and relativity to a glossy , overindulgent lifestyle that might otherwise make the charcters seem inhuman.
Personally I don't like either of the girls and wonder how much of her allowance summer spends on condoms , if indeed she cares enough to use them! Poor Seth in his matching PJ's but you know what , maybe he'll come out on top. Maybe he gets the opportunity to be a hero and bag the girl.
Like it.

Ye said...

I 've watched 3 seasons of O.C and stopped because Marissa was dead. I like the story, it's super cool. The pairing of S&R is great although I like Marissa personally. The brief introduction gives a brief idea of the characters in this show, although I watched it before I found it is useful of recalling my previous memories and feelings. I like your style of writing, clear-cut, comfy and lifesome. Anyway, I will say wonderful story but poor Seth! :)

Maggie said...

Hehe. I actually didn't really think about Seth, coz he wasn't really a major character in this fanfic but I have obviously brought out that feeling in Seth. Lol. Which is good, unexpected but good. ^-^

Thanks for your awesome comments; definitely makes me see what I um, bring out without realizing it hehe. :]

Ye: Yeah.. I think I personally like the original fantastic four but hmmm that would have been interseting if it happened, hmm? :D

Ash said...

Hey Maggie!

I also have to apologise! I totally am a week or something behind!

You are lucky you know a programme so well!

Just imagine what would of happened if this storyline had been real?? who knows!!

Yeah as my earlier comment said i loved the line about the matching p.j's i think you put alot of good detail stuff that could be easily forgotten.

maybe you should add in more conflict! it would be cool if you made Seth ramble on a bit more about him being hurt by Ryan or even make Seth have a go at summer!

haha yeah honestly so good!

Maggie said...

Hehe. Yes that could have been a possibility.

I really honestly like don't notice the small detail stuff haha... it kinda just happens I guess lol.

Thanks your comments. :]

I liked your Shortland Street fanfic! ^^