Monday, March 31, 2008

Shortland Street Fan Fiction

I thought way to much about this assignment! I tried to re-write Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss but i ruined it and was to embarassed. I have gone alone the same kind of lines as Sal did by putting myself into the story.

We all know what Shortland Street is, this is a couple of months back when Kip was single and Joey was still around.. ooooh the suspense!

As I stumbled out of my cab with my cell phone in hand trying to make out the name of the bar I was heading too, The I.V. This wasn’t my usual scene, but I was excited to meet this guy who was a friend of a girl I had been chatting to at uni. She had over heard me explaining to another girl how I wanted to marry a Doctor so I could live a lush lifestyle! – partially joking ofcourse! Somehow she knew this young fun Doctor so she set me up.

Pulling down my dress and making sure my heels were on correctly, while trying to have a cigarette (and look not as drunk as I was) I began to wonder up the path pausing out side the door to finish my smoke. My cell phone went off in my hand “Hey are you far away?” - it was from him. I sucked my stomach in and walked into the room. “Shit this place is a little different to 420.” I mistakenly blurted out as I walked through the doors. It was full of older professional guys and women, obviously not a 21 year old ravers kind of scene. I had herd this guy was meant to be loads of fun and always down to get boozy so I let the stiffish appearance go and headed for he toilets for a quick touch up. While trying to find my cherry lip gloss my phone went off again, oh I hadn’t replied to the last text! This time he was asking if I was still coming, I replied saying I was here and wondering where he was.

Another girl was in the bathroom, she started chatting to me it sounded like everyone knew each other here. I started to assume she was trying to suss me out, but I made a good impression the 4 red bull on vodka’s has prior were helping. She introduced herself as Alice and said she knew just the man I was looking for!

Dragging me by the arm not giving me a chance to apply my lip gloss she marched me up to the bar. She started to make a bit of a scene saying she caught me trying to bail out the bathroom window. My face turned red and Kip just put out his hand and said “Hi I’m Kip, mind Alice she is just jealous I’m not about to but her a drink, what would you like?” Beginning to relax again, and feeling a tad overwhelmed I said a Sav would go down a treat!

While Kip headed to the bar Alice started to fill me in on the goss, everyone in this bar was connected to the hospital across the road and Alice knew all the dirty secretes. I was glad Alice seemed to be really lovely, I was so stoked I wasn’t feeling so awkward now.

Kip returned with a couple more people, I assumed they were Doctors as well. They introduced hemselves as Joey and Craig. Craig looked old enough to be my Dad! I drank my Sav and began to talk to Kip a little more one on one, turns out he went to my high school - although a few years ahead!

Being on my way to being a little to far gone i was chatting away about stories from my young under the influenced time, I don't know what i was thinking and this Joey character was looking at me a little weird!

As the drinks flowed and time past I tried convinced these characters to come into town and see one of my favourite bands. I was pretty gutted when Kip said he had to work relatively early in the morning so he would have to decline. Alice said she was keen but then Craig whispered something - I imagine saucy – in her ear and she changed her mind. This left me with Joey, he said he was down to come into the city and that it would not be safe for me to be alone around here as there had been some kind of trouble? I did not take to much notice, he had stopped looking at me oddly and I was not ready to go home so I said by farewells to Kip and exchanged numbers with Alice while Joey called a cab off we went. . . .

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Ooooh wow. Suspense indeeeed! ^^

It's written real well with details and such.

I'm guessing you must watch Shortland Street to know the details.

Also sounds quite authentic :] Prob from being a watcher..?

But yes, anyways. I liked it. It ties in with the Joey storyline that was played.

Good story~!

Sal said...

Ash , I'm figuring Joey must be the guy that went round killing girls? the weird one with dark hair..?
I like the way you've written it and the awkwardness of going to a new place with new people shows through well.
I'd love to read the next episode where you maybe realise that this guy was looking at you oddly because he is ..erm...odd!
Good one, liked it!